£25 – £30k
-Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for effectively coordinating the provision of all non-labour resources on behalf of Project Managers for the successful delivery of projects.
-This will include supply of materials, PPE, vehicles and hired-in plant whilst maintaining compliance of LOLER, PUWER and COSHH registers.
-You will pursue positive supplier relationships and development of the operations team in line with our strategic direction.
-You will support and promote our client in line with brand message.
– Provide materials supply and logistics support for Project Manager
– Attend and engage in scheduled meetings
– Assist in the delivery of the QMS Objectives
-Contribute to resolving issues of non-compliance preventing the successful completion of projects and associated tasks
– Report and escalate any unresolved issues of non-compliance
– Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements promoting the ‘Safety First’ message
-Apply the principles of continuous improvement, promote and practice 5S philosophy and maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping within area of control
-Keep up to date with statutory and legislative requirements pertinent to the role and ensure compliance to professional standards
-Undertake specialist training as required
– Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required
Key QMS Procedure Responsibilities
• Coordinate the procurement of materials for successful completion of projects
• Coordinate the delivery, verification and storage of materials
• Facilitate secure storage, release and delivery of materials
Specific Workflow Responsibilities
• Coordinate Request for Quotation (RFQ) from suppliers and review of information on behalf of Project Managers through nominated Buyers to determine the most appropriate winning supplier
• Coordinate generation, approval and transmission of Purchase Orders to suppliers and correlation to corresponding order acknowledgements with follow up of orders due
• Facilitate safe, timely and accurate receipt of materials upon delivery from suppliers
• Coordinate effective verification of deliveries received and escalation in the event of unresolved discrepancies
• Coordinate the safe and secure storage of all materials
• Maintain provision of safe and secure storage for all materials
• Maintain accuracy of stock records
• Coordinate the safe release of materials and timely delivery to client site
• +5-years’ experience coordinating materials supply and logistics in a similar industrial sector
• NVQ Level 3 in Logistics Operations Management or similar
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 7 days then your application has been unsuccessful. We will keep your information on our database and will be in touch should other suitable opportunities become available.
Simplify Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment consultancy for both temporary and permanent positions in Engineering, Commercial and apprenticeship.
Please refer to our website for more opportunities.