A vacancy has arisen for an Engineering Machinist, based a manufacturing site in near to Doncaster.
The job involves producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating conventional and computer numerical control (CNC) machines. Learn to work to strict safety and quality requirements and help to achieve daily production requirements in terms of quality and quantity, optimising efficiency and maintaining operational excellence.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier callipers
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Study sample parts, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to manufacture products and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools
- Engineering background, apprentice trained – C&G, B-Tech. ONC, HNC
- Fully conversant with operating manual lathes, milling machines, CNC Lathes
- Bench work experience
- Good understanding and able to work from engineering drawings
- Experience in operating surface grinders is desirable
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday, 7.00am to 5.00pm & Friday, 7.00am to 2.30pm